Just a week ago EA officially announced the new Battlefield Hardline game in cooperation with Dead Space creator, Visceral Studios. Visceral is handling the simple player and story line aspect of the game while EA is handling the multiplayer aspect. When they announced the title at E3 they also made a closed beta of the mulitplayer aspect available for PC players. Picking it up was pretty easy, just go to the Battlefield page, sign into your Origins account and agree to the terms and conditions. It took a little while for the game to make its appearance in your “My Games” section of Origins. Not everyone has had the chance to get in and check out the new title though, but that just changed later in the evening last night. The official Battlefield blog announced that any PC player out there can not sign up and get instant access to the beta.
For those that might have missed it, Battlefield Hardline is a different take on the franchise. It places the cops vs the criminals on the streets in all out warfare. In the Beta they offer up two game modes, Heist and Blood Money, all played on one map. In Heist the object is to pull a smash and grab of the loot from the armored trucks and get it to the drop points if you are the criminals. If you are the cops, you attempt to keep the criminals from making off with the loot. In Blood Money there is a large pile of cash chilling in the middle of the map that both the cops and criminals run after. Grab as much cash as you can and get it back to your vault. Sounds easy, but both sides can attack the others vaults and reclaim the cash that has been taken.
It does have bugs and some issues here and there, it is a beta after all. While much of it feels like a typical Battlefield game, it feels quite a bit more frantic and exciting. We have been in on the beta since it was announced and will bring you guys our full thoughts on the small amount that is available in the beta soon. For those of you that missed the PC beta opportunity, now is your chance to go check it out. Just for signing up EA is kicking down some freebies for you as well:
Just for signing up you’ll receive:
– Instant Access into the Battlefield Hardline beta for PC (when selecting PC as your platform)
– Weapon camo/skin in Battlefield Hardline
– Weapon sight in Battlefield Hardline
– Additional Battlefield Hardline content
– Unique dog tag in Battlefield 4
Note: The Battlefield Hardline gear will be available when the game releases on October 21, 2014. The Battlefield 4 unique dog tag will be available in the game next month.
Those freebies not enough for you? We got you covered.
Battlefield Hardline Beta Challenges
– Reach Rank 10, Get a Special Battlepack at Launch: Score a special Battlepack in the retail launch of Battlefield Hardline by reaching rank 10 during the beta. (This reward is open to both PC and PS4 players.)
– Enable Facebook Sharing, Get $1K In-Game Cash: Enable Facebook Sharing when firing up Battlefield Hardline or through the in-game Options and land yourself $1K in-game cash to spend on additional weapons and gadgets. (This reward is open to both PC and PS4 players.)
The site is a little buggy at times, not surprising. It took me a while when it was first announced to get through. Then I got an email and about 20 minutes later it appeared in my Origins account. If you have the patience to click around a few times and watch your email account, head over battlefield.com/beta and sing up and take it for a spin.
Via Battlefield Blog